Monday, June 2, 2008

This Weekend's Blooms

First existing clematis bloom of the season, Elsa Spath, opened this weekend. She's showing remnants (spots) from the very first pesticide application I've ever made. I simply can't lose everything the Japanese Beetles, so I had to bring in the big guns. Last year, the I was outside twice a day picking them off, spraying with soapy water. They destroyed my roses, and many other things as well. Terrible. I'm waging wa against them this year. I applied a grub control on the grass, and sprayed the plants (I read you should spray 20 days before their anticipated arrival. Here, that is now). It's done, and I won't reapply unless I absolutly have to.

But, isn't Elsa Spath still a beauty? I hope she's all way open this morning.

Rose Scarlet Knight opens

Delphinium Sky Blue Magic Fountains (I think, I'll check and edit if necessary). This is fast becoming a favorite for me, the light blue just glows!

An Iris I picked up at the Farmer's Market this weekend for $3.


Clematis "Piilu"



Peony Karl Rosenfeld



Zinnia Profusion Fire


Penstemon Husker Red

One more shot of Allium Globemaster; they should be through blooming soon.

Happy Gardening everyone!

2 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Everything is so pretty! The clematis is one I have not seen yet. I love the color!!!

Jamie Rex said...

I've had Elsa Spath for 3 years now, and I have not found her anywhere else since I acquired her either. She's one of my favorites! Thanks!