Thursday, June 12, 2008

A meme, and blooms for the day.

I've been tagged by Karen from Karen's Place-Gardening in Indiana, for a meme. This is my first meme on my garden blog. I've been asked to post 6 ramdom things about myself here for your entertainment. LOL. I hope.

1. I'm uneasy during thunderstorms. I don't get afraid, but I get nervous, and edgy, and I watch the weather intently until the storms pass. At several parts of my life, ever since Weatherman Christopher Nance visited my elementary school, I've secretly wished to be a weather reporter. I read my local weatherman's blog, and visit the weather channel a couple time a day. Nerd.


2. I did musicals, choir, theatre and speech in high school, and then serious competitive speech in college where I travelled all over the country with the winningest collegiate team there is. Seriously, our team has more national titles than any other collegiate activity (including sports) there is/ever was. When I was studying to get Master's in Speech Communication I coached speech, but had to quit to focus on studies and my wedding. Since the time I quit in 2002, I've imagined myself as speaking or singing in front of large crowds often. I miss it, and secretly hope I still have the skills. Only the kitchen sink knows for sure; I do my best crooning there.


3. I archive magazines. I save all the issues of a select few favorite mags, and keep them. Country Home, Country Living, Cottage Living, County Gardens, and a series of Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest Publications. I re-read them with the seasons, bringing out the spring ones in spring, and so on. I read or look at least one magazine every single day, more than likely I look at several everyday. I have shelves of them. I drool over the photogrpahy, and soak up the facts and advice. I actually read all the articles, and store the information. I build my plant wishlist from them, and draw pictures in my garden and home sketchbooks when I get ideas from them.


4. I've lost control of the cleanliness factor in my home, and frankly, I don't care. When my husband and I had our first apartment I was anal about everything. Now, I live with 3 boys, two cats, and a dog. I am gardener with dirty feet and dirty hands, and plants and clipped flowers all about; in the winter we drag in more mud and snow than I know what to with. We live in a small town in an 114 year old farmhouse with it's share of scruffs. I could clean all day long, and have to start over again immediately. I vacuumed this morning and there are already crumsb everywhere. I try to go around the whole house 1-2 times a week and clean every surface. If we have a messy meal, I deep clean the area. But, for the most part, I embrace the chaos.


5. I scrapbook. I have been doing it for 4 years now, and I love it. I have a family album for every year, and each kids has an album for each of the years of their life. My husband has an Army album, and an album for his Iraq deployment. I have a garden album. I make mini-books, too. My favorite products are clear stamps and patterned paper. Scrapbooking saved my sanity when my hubby was deployed for a year. There was a time when I scrapped something every day, but now I take a break during the gardening season and scrap the cooler seasons away. :)



I don't feel comfortable tagging anyone with this meme b/c I'm so new garden blogging, and I have not forged too many bonds yet. Next time, maybe? If you want to the do the meme, you can follow the instructions at the end of this post.



Thanks for tagging me, Karen! Fun!


I can't leave without posting a few images from the garden. Here's my wall of roses John Cabot (darker pink) and Morden Centennial (bubble gum pink).







So here are this Meme's Rules:
*Link to the person who tagged you.
*Post the rules on your blog.
*Write six random things about yourself.
*Tag six people at the end of your post linking to their blog.
*Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
*Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
I have tagged these six bloggers. I am interested in knowing more about you, but don't feel pressured into playing along.

Happy, happy gardening, everyone. Stay dry my fellow midwesterners!

No comments: