Saturday, June 14, 2008

A few more blooms...

Roses
Tis' the season, folks. Many of my roses are blooming right now, I can hardly keep up with taking pictures and admiring them.
"Morden Centennial" rose
with "John Cabot" rose

I don't know the name of this one. Anyone have any ideas?




"Peace"


"Hot Cocoa"


Perennials

Most of my perennials are just about to open up. I do have a few that are putting on a great show right now.

Poppy, and new one this year and a keeper. I hope it returns reliably. Anyone have poppies? What can I expect?

Foxglove

Aquilegia
Pinks & Liatris getting ready to bloom.
Sweet William
Campanula "Sarostra." I bought this on a whim at Northwind Perennial Farm. The amazing associate I was talking with said it made the most spectacular blooms. She did not disappoint! I love this plant!
Here's a view of "Sarostra" in her surroundings.
Happy gardening everyone!

5 comments:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Your flowers all look so beautiful!!! What a wonderful view for you to look at!!!

Jamie Rex said...

Thanks, Cindee! It's so nice of you to stop by my blog. :)

I just showed my hubby the cake pa flowers on your blog so he can help me make some later this summer. They are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Your roses, ah, they make me long for smell-o-vision. I particularly admire that Peace rose and the unknown hot-pink one.

Everything looks beautiful. This one would have been the perfect Bloom Day post, wouldn't it?

anita said...

I love your roses!! I hope they are still blooming in ten days when I'm there!! love you mom xoxoxoxo

Jamie Rex said...

I know, Pam. :( I didn't know about the bloom day thing until the day after I made the post. I'm still learning to navigate all the blogs. :) Next year, I'll be ready!

Smell-o-vision would be a garden bloggers dream. :)