Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bristol Renaissance Faire from the gardeners eyes...

While my mom was visiting she made sure to take us to the Bristol Renaissance Faire, just outside of Racine, WI, a quick drive from us. My mom had been there years ago, and insisted we'd love it. We did. I did notice some really spectacular gardenish things during the hours were there. I thought I'd share them here:

Here's a delightful picnic area:


Some of the many fountains and planter beds.


This little garden section surrounded by arches was adorable.





Most of the faire is blanketed in a canopy of old trees, many of which are decorated at the base like this:
The buildings are surreal, quaint, very much like old cottages.
This was a stage area of sorts, like a hobo garden. Intriguing.

I loved the star cuts in this fence decoration!


As we were browsing stores I spotted a confection shop. had to dip my head in, but when I sw the door leading to this little patio I forgot all about the chocolates and went right for the plants. Isn't this a charming little patio? And it was small, you could do something like this in the littlest space. It made me miss the celestial theme I had in my room in junior high school. :)


Happy Gardening everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoever owns this blog, I would like to say that he has a great idea of choosing a topic.

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Oh I love everything!! It is very enchanting!!! I have always wanted a cone shaped planter. I have no idea why..lol they are just so neat looking. I love the star cut outs in the wood boards too!! That is a great idea!!! If I had a fence I would do that(-: