Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A new favorite rose.

I purchased this Windermere English/Austin rose this spring at a local nursery. I spotted it on a day I intended to take home new roses, and it just leapt into my cart, shoving aside some others I'd had on my wishlist. The full and still dainty blooms were the reason I liked the rose. The whole bloom is about the size of a golfball. It's color is a blush creamy white with a pale pink tone to it. At the time of purchase it was finishing a bloom period, and it was full of these:

I smelled it, and knew right away I had to have it. The best smelling rose I've ever smelled. Hands down. Sweet, intense fragrance.

It's opening up again right now, filled with over 50 blooms! All of these pictures are from the last few days. I can't take my nose out of it! Incredible. No competition from any of my other smelly roses (Kordes Perfecta, Mr. Lincoln, Double Delight).



Now, we'll just have to see how winter hardy it is. I'm hoping for the best, but I have a 1-year guarantee on it. I like this rose so much I'd re-buy it as annual each year if I had to!

1 comment:

CiNdEe's GaRdEn said...

Wow that rose sounds like a must have for sure(-: I will watch for it and add it to my list too(-: