Saturday, April 12, 2008

David Austin Roses

I just ordered my very first David Austin roses! I've wanted a Golden Celebration for a few years now, and more recently I've fallen in love with Cl. Shropshire Lad. I have no idea when they'll ship, but imagine it'll be soon, as out overnight lows are coming up to 40 consistently this week. Of course, I'll share images when they becomes worthy of a photograph.

Right now, however, its snowing a tad. And the windchill is 28. I went out and endured the cold to see progress out there. I did the biggest happy dance when I found out the Gentiana Makinoi 'Blue' I planted late last fall is coming up! Amen! I really did dance, and talked to my plant encouragingly. I had basically said goodbye to this beauty last year. I also found healthy new growth on the blue garden phlox my mom bought from Northwind Perennial Farm in Burlington, WI last year. I can't wait to go back to that place and find some more treasures.

Today I picked up some varieties of ivy to stuff here and there, a golden cypress shrub that looks like a crazy head of hair (I'll have to take a picture), and my very first persian shield. I have not decided where to put these new gems, but you can be I'll be buried in my books all night making choices.

Until then, happy gardening.

No comments: