Sunday, May 27, 2012

Foliage

Varying shades of foliage are one of my favorite things about gardening. The more eye catching, the better. I have a repeating theme of lime and chartruese all through the garden, speckled with burgandy wines, and silvers. After a very intense rainfall last week I went around the garden to get some pictures of the beautiful colors spring has broughtabout, starting here with this lettuce, 'simpson'. Yum!
Hosta 'Fried Bananas'
Hosta 'Gold Standard'

Weigela 'Wine and Roses'

Hosta 'Stained Glass'
More lettuce, 'ruby.'

Ligularia 'The rocket'
 Hosta 'pineapple upside cake'
 Purple smokebush

Rose 'brother cadfael'
 Hosta 'June'
Yellow Bleeding Heart with allium and anemone sylvestris.
This beautiful shrub was in the landscaping when we moved in. I think it is mock orange. Bright yellow green leaves with huge whit flowersthat smell incredible.
 Newest addition, a $3.99 find! Ninebark 'Center Glow'
Hosta 'elegans' (I think)
I have more to share soon, too. My delightful neighbors gave me a bunch of great hostas I can't wait get pictures of!

No comments: