Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Right about that time...

Spring is so here! I brought the camera out for the first time this season, and took a few pictures of the dew drops from all the recent rain.
 
Rose of Sharon, Blue Satin, overwintered in the basement.

Hosta Sagae from my great grandpa's garden.
Draecaena, a $2 steal on clearance, and lived happily in the playroom most of winter.

Hosta Sugar Daddy

Hosta Dream Queen

agastache bees jubilee with lamb's ear

fuschia
bluebells
lobelia
You may recall each summer I make great efforts to get a few good shots of the hummingbirds. I knew from maps and news they were already here in MN, but I had not seen one yet. I was merely snapping pictures of this droopy rhododendron's flowers when I saw this little angle fly into the shot. 3 clicks, and a quick switch of camera modes, and ta-da--- one of the best hummingbird shots I've ever taken.
Yay spring!


1 comment:

Susan said...

I just bought a small Hosta at Lowes called Dream Queen. I enjoyed your garden photos.