Monday, February 21, 2011

Seed time!

I have officially begin collecting seeds for the 2011 gardening season. So far: some zinnia 'candy cane red and gold,' some red white and blue sweet peas, and some marigold 'snowdrift.' Hard to buy seeds not knowning what my garden will look like, but I simply can't resist. I've also been loving a few magazines right now, including Flea Market Gardens, and Early Spring 2001 Country Gardens. Makes me ready to get some chickens.

In the meantime, kill those winter blues with these photos from my garden in August 2010. I am going to miss this garden so much!
Dahlia 'L. Helf'

'distant drums' rose

'playboy' rose

blue sage

asters
agastache
Hens and chicks, variety unknown at the time- as the tag is frozen in the ground.
'moonbeam' coreopsis
'vera jameson' sedum

Happy gardening!

No comments: