Monday, April 12, 2010

Nasturium Obsession.

It all started a several years ago. My mom sent me a packet of seeds for 'Empress of India' Nasturium. I had never heard of them. I planted them, and had great success. I even found some of them reseeded the following year.

The next year I bought another variety, 'Peach Melba,' and also found it very satisfying.

Fast forward to this spring, and I can't seem to get enough of the varieties I'm finding!

These two Renee's garden finds, 'Vanilla Berry,' and 'Copper Sunset' have me so excited!

I also had to get the more common staples, 30% off at Farm and Fleet.


In southern California I found this wonderful variety called 'Lipstick' at Lowes. At home, at a small garden shop in my town, I found this 'Mahogany' variety.


At my local nursery I found the 'Strawberries and Cream,' and the 'Papaya Cream,' was also from Lowe's in California.


Still 3 weeks until I can plant them outside here, but I can barely contain my excitement. I should have some serious fun putting these hot colors to use in the garden.

No comments: